Monday, October 16, 2017

Tilsley to Gloucester


I apologize for taking so long to write an update! I've been so busy and loving every minute of it! Because it has been about four weeks since I have, this on may be a bit longer.

Being at Tilsley College in Motherwell Scotland for a month was a great experience. I would tell anyone looking for a program where you can study the Bible and practically serve in the community to look into Tilsley. I am so thankful for my time there. I learned so much about God and who he is through the lectures and also through the people we lived in community with. I have made friends there that will be friends for life! I got to get very close to the other girls doing FirstServe along with many of the students at Tilsley. I also loved being given the opportunity to work with some children's clubs and invest in the children there even if it was only a month. Below is a photo of all of the students I got to spend time with. God taught me so much through these people and the staff.


Leaving Tilsley was very hard since after a month I was starting to really settle in and love it there, but on October 7th I got on the train and left for Gloucester, England. For all the Americans reading this, it is pronounced "Glosster." I made the mistake of saying it as it is spelled many times. Anyway, it has been great here! I have been working with a church called Abbey Church. I am involved in most of the church's activities like a mothers and toddlers group and their upcoming holiday club. The school here have a break for half term and we are doing a program for three days, which is similar to VBS.  I also am involved in some other groups that are part of the community here like world cafe, a multicultural/refugee social dinner, and Impact, a youth club that is put together by a few local churches that come together to meet. The people here are lovely and I am definitely feeling at home now that I have been here for a week. I am also getting to explore the beautiful parks here! The weather has been so nice, so I've been exploring the area. I also got to go into town on Sunday and saw Gloucester Cathedral, which some scenes in harry potter were filmed in! You know I was excited to see that!

Robinswood Hill

View from Crickley Hill

Robinswood Hill 

View from the other side of Crickley Hill



Gloucester Cathedral



Gloucester Cathedral- Corridor used in Harry Potter
Other updates about my trip are pretty limited. Since I will not be going to India anymore, we are looking into Zambia. It seems likely I will be going to a school there to work as  volunteer. This is something I would really appreciate prayer for! It is still not set in stone.




No comments:

Post a Comment