Thursday, December 28, 2017

Merry Christmas from the U.K.!

Well, it took me a very long time to update my blog. I think I may have been a little ambitious to say I would update it weekly.

Working with Abbey Church in Gloucester was such a great experience! It was definitely hard and challenging at times, but God taught me a lot of humility through it all. I spent ten weeks with Abbey Church and while I was there I experienced a great church community that loved each other and was dedicated to serving Christ together. It was such a great example of a church, though smaller than I am used to, that served wholeheartedly and loved each other intentionally. I learned a lot about what it looks like to be a church community rather than expecting the Church to be your community. By this I mean that a lot of us expect to instantly be a part of a community by being a part of a church, but really it is each of us that makes up that community. It is not the Church that serves us, but us who serve the Church. I am forever thankful for my experience through Firstserve at Abbey Church and all the wonderful people I met there who taught me so much and who I will miss.

I left Gloucester on December 15th to spend the next 15 days with my friends Ella and Annalise. It has been wonderful to spend Christmas with friends here in England and to feel at home with a family who has made me feel like I am their sister in Christ. I am staying in Leeds with Ella and her family and I am having a wonderful time! It is amazing knowing that just about anywhere in the world I will have my Christian family who will love me and take me in. I am so thankful that God has worked this out for me and he has taken care of me every step of the way. He has been so faithful in sending me exactly where I need to be these next few months. I will leave for Zambia on the 30th of December and I could not be more excited! Pray that God prepares my heart and that I will adjust to the culture there well. Thank you to everyone for your prayers and support!

More updates to come... eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment